Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Introducing "Mini Me"...My New 2006 Ford Focus - See details, hatchback options, ZX3


So I spent the day up in Green Bay Wisconsin today.
Why was I up there?
To say goodby to my beloved Ford Ranger 4by4 "FX Off Road" 2003 truck and to lease another vehicle.

With gas being so expensive and not seeming to let up for some time to come (as well as cars getting more expensive and wages not keeping pace with those increases), I decided to "downsise" a bit.

I think I will enjoy this newest toy all the same. It was a 2 hour plus drive home and I got a chance to get a bit "accustomed" to it during the drive.

I am officially calling her "Mini-Me" as that is what she is. She kind of reminds me of the car that Fred Flinstone drives. It has some of the same features....
-Open air roof via an electronic sun roof
-Sits low to the ground...so low that I thought my feet would rub on the highway on my way home
and also has some other nifty little features.
-Seat Warmers for one (so my Ars can be nice and toasty on cold winter days)
-A nice sound system that is capable of playing MP3s as well as CDs and an auxilary option for Satellite Radio
-A rear windshield wiper (which being a hatchback really comes in handy...I didnt realize it was there until I looked in my rear view mirror as I was driving home-it was raining- and there it was....swoooshing back and fourth...I was like WTF is that??
-I managed to get it in one of my favorite colors ( Pitch Black)
-And not least of all it gets around 35-40 MPG on the Highway!!!

It is only a two year lease and is less expensive than my truck so with all that, I guess I can learn to love her as much as I loved my "Ranger-lady". Time will tell.

Time to retire for the evening...
A good Tuesday to all.


Click on link below to see a photo of my new "little" toy. There are options to goof around with other vehicles on Ford's site also.
I have what is considered the "Enhanced Sport package" and even with something this small...you cant get much better than that.
Ford Vehicles: 2006 Ford Focus - See pricing details, car wagon hatchback options, ZX3 ZX4 ZX5 ZX4 ST ZTW

I was thinking of the "yellow" but I was imagining getting up and going to work and seeing something so bright right away in the afternoon...and I decided against it.
Besides someone would probably have made a stupid joke like..."Look, its John driving a banana"... or something like that.
Oh well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?